Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reality Setting In

Tomorrow will be tough for because last week so crazy.  The news came out that I was done officially at Big Sports 590 and I was overwhelmed with emails, texts, and phone calls from friends, family, listeners, and people in the biz.  It was really amazing. 

However, the reality of the show being over has begun to set in and now I have to figure out what comes next.  I've got a lot of work to do in the coming weeks to find my next opportunity and I will be updating the blog in the meantime.  This space gives me the opportunity to talk to you guys and voice my thoughts.

Inside of one of the many emails that I received from a listener was a song.  It took me a back that someone would take the time to write something like this and I asked him I could share it.  He asked me to withhold his name but I thought since this was a first - I would let you read the lyrics.   It was written after I put out the quote "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened:

Sometimes you may feel like a stranger, others I think you're a friend
    This forced separation surprised me, I bet it did you as well
    Should we be sad now that its over or smile that it happened
     It depends on you, your mood, or just how much this meant to you

    Im not good at goodbyes 
    I wish this didn't have to end
    We feel a litttle helpless now
    Maybe well meet again

    Theres times you will always remember, meaningful or just the fun
    The special connection to this place, 
 the emotions now start to come 
    Should we be sad now that its over or smile that it happened
     It depends on you, your mood, or just how much this meant to you

    Im not good at goodbyes 
    I wish this didn't have to end
    We feel a litttle helpless now
    Maybe well meet again

    Im not good at goodbyes
    How did it end up this way
    Its worse we have no control
    and theres so many things to say

    you tried to resist, and fight the change
    but the time has come to remember better days 

No comments: