Monday, March 2, 2009

Live History

So I have to thanks Rep. Lee Terry for the passes to check out the Senate floor today but what my family and I witnesses was amazing.  Most of the time - you come to Washington DC and don't get to see anything newsworthy.  Not today.... 

When I sat down inside the Senate chamber, I looked down from our perch and saw that Senator John McCain of Arizona was in the room and preparing to speak.  I was aware that the Senate was debating the new Obama spending plan and fireworks could happen.  There were only about 5 Senators in the building but it got heated in the room real quick.

Read about it here.

It was awesome to listen to it in person...now, I disagreed with a lot of it but learning and watching history happen was truly inspiring about our democracy.  

No comments: