Saturday, March 22, 2008

5 games so far - This is no Tampa....

I want to see an upset! These games haven't been good at all here in Omaha. I'm not bitching. I could be watching all these games at home but instead I'm courtside in Omaha. However, I would really like to see Kansas lose this game for the sheer fact that we haven't had even a whiff of an upset. KU killed Portland St. UNLV whitewashed Kent St. USC was handled easily by KSt, and Wisconsin took care of Cal St. Fullerton. Today - same story...KSt got blown out by Wisconsin.

So, here we are - waiting on the Kansas - UNLV game, hoping for a shocker. Most have KU in their final four (as do I) but I want to see an upset. Tampa has had all the good ones so far...plus today Duke lost in DC to West Virginia. When does Omaha get their great game? I don't care if KU wins....but let's make it interesting at least! How about a last second shot or a foul at the buzzer resulting in 2 ft's?

Again, I know it's asking for a lot but we've had 5 games so far....can we have 1 that's really close? Let's see...

3 comments:

Brian said...

Matt said: "However, I would really like to see Kansas lose this game for the sheer fact that we haven't had even a whiff of an upset. KU killed Portland St. UNLV whitewashed Kent St. USC was handled easily by KSt..."

So USC being the #6 seed and Kansas State being the #11 seed in the region wasn't an upset?

Sure, it isn't a sexy 12 over 5, but it wasn't as if it was a 9 seed beating an 8 seed.

C'mon now...

Matt Perrault said...

Well, I picked K St. to win that game as did many....USC was a one man show...but ok - you're right. We did have upset with seeds...not a great game though

Chucktheduck said...

Matt

You did not pick KSU. There are more than a few audio files posted on your site featuring you talking about how you have USC over KSU. You are full of it.