Thursday, April 19, 2007

Fantasy Baseball....

So Brian, PeteyMac and I are in a fantasy baseball league together. We just did our auto draft and my team looks pretty good. After toying around with the roster for a bit. Here's my starting team as of Monday:

C - Kenji Johjima - Seattle
1B - Paul Konerko - Chicago
2B - Marcus Giles - SD
SS - Juan Iribe - Chicago
3B - Akinori Iwamura - TB
OF- Bobby Abreu - NY (VERY soon to be traded)
OF - Rocco Baldelli - TB
OF - Ken Griffey jr. - Cinn
UT - Kevin Youkilis- Boston

SP - Roy Oswalt - Hou
RP - Brian Fuentes - Colorado
P - Justin Verlander - Det
P - Curt Schilling - Boston

But here is the KICKER! Get the players I have on the DL or on the bench!!! - NL MVP Ryan Howard. All Star Troy Glaus of Toronto, Angels killer Vlad Guerrero and soon to be Red Sox - Roger Clemens!! Once my team gets healthy - I'm going to be pretty good. I can move Baldelli and Griffey to the bench for security as Glaus and Vlad are starters for sure and Ryan is going to get going sooner or later and I will move Youkilis to the bench when that happens. Pauli is too good not to play.

I love Fantasy baseball because it requires you to follow players that you would otherwise not care about at all. Plus, can talk trash to your boys. But for an auto-drafted team - I'm pretty happy. Now if I can turn Abreu into a Red Sox player (Pap or Dice-K) I'll be really happy.

I'll keep you updated on the Big Sports league.....

No comments: